Any homeowner with a pool knows that the best things about summer include kicking back in a lawn chair on a pool deck to soak up the sun or taking a dip on a hot day. But to make the latter of those things possible, you need durable flooring install in your pool. If you’re looking for pool flooring material, tile is one to seriously consider.
Tile types, such as glass mosaic tiles, have been around for years as a flooring option and are made of 100% recycled glass. Whether you need them for kitchen flooring, bathroom flooring or for use in pool flooring or pool step tile design, they offer plenty of benefits to keep your pool looking good and durable under the elements. As if that wasn’t enough, tile offers plenty of benefits:
- Long lasting: When it comes to pools, tile is popular is a building material because it’s long lasting and very durable. As if that wasn’t enough, it comes in a variety of colors from blue glass tile and aqua glass tile to red to green.
- Healthy: If you’re looking to reduce your carbon footprint, another benefit of material like discount pool tile, is that it’s eco-friendly. Whether you use, mosaic tile or waterline tile, it’s eco-friendly and will keep the area around your pool healthier than if you used some other types of building materials.
- Low maintenance: Waterline tile, ceramic tile and other types of tile used in pool flooring can be very easily cleaned. You can usually do it with warm water and you avoid having to use chemicals with high VOCs to do it.
As previously mentioned, tile can be used nearly anywhere and when it comes to swimming pools, waterline tile is one of the most popular materials used because it helps keep pools clean. If you use your bathtub regularly, you have likely seen the scum ring that forms over time. Waterline tile keeps that from happening since it has a glaze that keeps scum and debris from clinging to it. The tile is also coated so that it doesn’t chemically bond to any of the floating compounds often found in a pool.
Waterline tile can offer plenty of benefits to keep your swimming pool up and running:
- Looks good: Both waterline tile and coping (both materials you use to cap and border a pool) help to give your pool a smooth, clean and finished look. The tile comes in a variety of colors and styles, so you can pick out whatever design you want. If you’re unfamiliar with installing discount pool tile, don’t be afraid to call in a professional. Whether you use discount pool tile or pay full price, the last thing you want is for things to go awry if you choose to try and install it yourself.
- Safety: Waterline tile and coping help keep you safe too. With these materials, you’ll have a non-slip surface for getting in and out of the pool. Another bonus is that they stay cool to the touch, meaning you’re not going to burn your feet on a particularly hot summer day.
- Maintenance: In addition to keeping you safe, waterline tile and coping can also help maintain your pool over the long haul. They provide extra sealant to your pool and help secure the foundation of the pool to help you avoid unwanted and costly leaks and cracks. They make your pool easier to clean, since they respond well to pool vacuums and skimmers, so you can clean your pool easier and spend more time swimming and enjoying the nice weather.
Whether you’re redoing your home flooring, your pool or your patio, tile is an ideal building material. It’s long-lasting, eco-friendly, durable and can help your transform your pool with your own custom design. Whether you pay the whole cost of brand new tile or use discount pool tile, ultimately you’ll be able to ensure the durability of your pool and get it looking nice for the summer.