Landscaping is an important part of any home. Most Americans love spending time in their yards and on their gardens. Real estate agents love it when their clients redo their landscaping before they sell a home. At least 97% of them recommend this to their clients because the return on investment can be as high as 215%. Doing this can also limit the time the home spends on the market. It has been shown that homes with new and attractive landscaping spend up to six weeks less on the market than those who do not. If you are thinking about starting a new landscaping project, you may want to talk to someone about creating a great outdoor kitchen design.
Outdoor entertaining is very popular around the world and in the United States. The outdoor entertainment industry grew 4% from 2014 to 2015 and is worth about $7 billion. A lot of this has been spent on outdoor kitchen design and creation. These spaces are very popular for entertaining. There are some great reasons to add a kitchen to your outdoor living spaces.
- An outdoor kitchen adds space to your home. When you make an outdoor kitchen design to your new landscaping design, you are effectively adding a room onto you home. This space will be used in the same way that other rooms in your home are used. If you live in a colder climate, you can extend the time you are able to use your outdoor kitchen comfortably by adding amenities such as heaters to the area.
- You get more kitchen space with an outdoor kitchen design. Do you ever notice how everyone always ends up in the kitchen when you have a party? It does not matter how big or small it is, the kitchen is a natural place for people to congregate and hang out. When you have put in an outdoor kitchen, more people can hang out in that area and be more comfortable while they are doing it. This also means that the person doing the cooking can be a part of the fun while they are cooking.
- Your home smells better when you have an outdoor kitchen. Many people enjoy eating fried food and other meals that produce a lot of odors while they are being prepared. These smells may be pleasant at first but over time, that yummy barbecue smell may get old. When you deep fry a turkey, smoke some meat or prepare some strong smelling fish outside, you keep the smell out of your indoor kitchen and out of your home all together. By cooking outside, the odors that are produced are not trapped in by the walls of your home. They just blow away.
- An outdoor kitchen can lower your utility bills. When you do a lot of cooking inside, you raise the temperature of at least the room where you are doing that cooking. This means your air conditioning unit has to work overtime to cool that space and the ones that are around it back to a comfortable level. When you do your cooking outside, that problem is eliminated all together. Your heat is kept away from your home.
- You will save money on entertainment expenses. Many restaurants offer outdoor dining options. People often enjoy dining in these areas. When you have an outdoor kitchen at home, you can bring your friends and family over for a similar experience only for a lot less money. You can enjoy a great meal on your very own patio or garden and you do not even need to find parking.
Most Americans spend a lot of time in their outdoor living spaces. At least 51% of homeowners say that they spend at least six hours a week in these outdoor living spaces. They say they like to go out to their yards and gardens and outdoor kitchens to relax, garden and entertain their friends and family. Many people around the country enjoy grilling and having people over for meals.Including an outdoor kitchen design to your landscaping project is a great way to add value and fun to your home.