The groin vault is the perfect way to give your house a touch of elegance! These striking vaults look like they belong in a castle, but they can be installed in your home with only a few simple steps. This video will walk you through the process of installing a groin vault ceiling in your home.
Your groin vault ceiling kit will come with installation instructions. Review the instructions carefully and familiarize yourself with the process.
That said, here is a simple guide to help you install a groin vault with ease.
1. First, measure the area where you will be installing the ceiling. This will help you determine how much material you will need.
2. Next, you will need to cut out the opening for the vault. Be sure to use a level so that your ceiling will be even when it is installed.
3. Once the opening is cut, you can begin installing the framing for the vault. Use lumber that is designed for load-bearing applications.
4. After the framing is in place, you can begin installing the actual groin vault.
5. Finish the installation by adding a trim or molding of your choice. This will help give your groin vault ceiling the finished look you desire!