When you are looking at condominiums and homes for sale, finding your perfect property can be a challenge. That?s why it is beneficial to hire a real estate agent. As many as 98% of buyers who used an agent while searching for a home saw their realtor as a useful source of information. A qualified agent can match you up with your ideal property and help you negotiate throughout the tricky process of buying a home.
With about 2 million licensed realtors in the United States, finding a good one should not be too difficult. However, there are quite a few factors that go into hiring a qualified real estate agent. Here are some tips to make your search a little easier.
How to Find a Good Real Estate Agent
- Conduct Thorough Research: As many as 40% of buyers hire an agent through a referral from a friend or family member. Talk to recent home buyers in your social circle for recommendations. You can also search online for local real estate agents. Make sure you read through all reviews and testimonials. Highlight reviews that show the agent is communicative, thorough, and priced appropriately.
- Look for Specific Credentials: Consider your specific needs as well as the type of property you are looking for. There are different types of realtors, some with particular specialties or specialized credentials. For instance, some agents are certified to help buyers over the age of 50.
- Ask the Right Questions: Make sure you are prepared with a list of questions to ask a potential realtor before hiring him or her.
- Are most of your clients buyers or sellers?
- What type of properties do you have most experience with?
- Will I be working with you directly or will you be delegating some tasks to an associate or administrative assistant?
- How many buyers and sellers are you currently representing?
- Is your license in good standing? Have you ever had your license revoked?
- What is your educational background?
- How many years of experience do you have?
Whether you are a first-time buyer or you have owned homes in the past, it is essential that you hire an experienced and reliable real estate agent. It is also important that you have a good relationship with your agent as you must be able to trust him or her to help you make such an important decision.