Moving can be extremely stressful. There are so many things that go into a move and sometimes the situations are not the most ideal. Every year since 1980, about 43 million Americans end up moving, according to the Census Bureau. Along with the amount of moves that are done each year, about 40% of the American population are people currently living in states that they were not born in. So whether you’re moving a few doors down or across the country, moving is stressful. Here are some things to keep in mind along with some packing for moving tips:
- Find Boxes — Using a lot of boxes will help you easily pack nearly everything.
- Label Everything — To avoid mass confusion down the line, label every box that you pack things in.
- Start With the Kitchen — Because the kitchen usually has the most stuff in it, it’s best to start packing up the kitchen.
- Find Local Movers — Hiring a moving company to help you out is one of the best things you can do to take some of the pressure off your shoulders. They will be able to pack and unpack everything much quicker and could even offer some more packing for moving tips.
- Separate Important Items — Tax items, social security cards, and any other important papers should be stored separately in an area you can easily access.
- Keep a List — Organization can help tremendously in the moving process. Underestimating the organizational factors could lead to the loss of valuable objects or necessities that could be a major pain once you’re moved into the new place.
- Let Your Garbage Company Know — Notifying your garbage company that you’re moving beforehand is very important. A lot of people think that when they move, they are going to take everything that is in their house. That is not always the case. People underestimate the amount of junk that builds up over years. Most likely there will be a very large pile of trash out front so it’s nice to give the garbage company a heads up so they can help.
Consulting professionals is one of the best packing for moving tips out there, but being able to plan ahead and use some of these other tips should help a lot. The moving experience doesn’t have to be as stressful as you might think, just be careful, plan everything out, and enjoy your new place! Links like this.